Saturday, July 3, 2010

Flowers, Flowers, Flowers

When I was originally planning this class, I was going to use some of the different techniques that demonstrators have come up with for making 3-D flowers. The more I thought of it though, I decided to keep it simple and went with designer series paper that was flowery. I did not want to discourage or frustrate my customers because they prefer "simple."

The card below was made using the DSP pink flamingo along with basic black, and whisper white cardstock. I used the new 2 3/8" scallop circle punch, the 1 3/4" circle punch, the scallop border punch, the modern label punch, and the word window. For accessories, I used a clear rhinestone brad, 1/4" black grosgrain ribbon, and I also used a white gel pen. Lastly, for the stamped images I used teeny tiny wishes and fifth avenue floral.


This card is made with the stamp set Because I Care. The colors are brocade blue (retired), night of navy, so saffron, and whisper white. I colored in the flower using stampin' pastels and a stampin' write marker. For tools I used the large oval punch and the scallop oval punch. Lastly, I used the 1/4" night of navy grosgrain ribbon, which made a huge difference in what this card looked like.


My last card I have here was made using nouveau chic designer series paper, sage shadow, basic black, and apricot appeal cardstock. I ran the sage shadow through my big shot using the backgrounds 1 texturz plate. I rubbed basic gray ink with a stamping sponge all over the embossed sage shadow cardstock. For the flowers I used the fancy flower XL punch, the boho blossoms punch, and the simple flower embosslit die, which was run through the big shot also. I rubbed so saffron ink on the so saffron flower, which make the embossing pop! As for the accessories I used a black brad and 1/4" apricot appeal grosgrain ribbon (retired). I just remembered I had used the sincere salutations stamp set for the saying and the scallop oval punch too.

There were 4 cards made in this class. If you are wondering where the 4th card is at, you will have to look at the post from June 3rd. I was going to give that card to my mom for her birthday, but I thought it would be fun for my customers to make for the class instead. It was one of the 3-D flowers somebody came up with using our XL fancy flower punch. I do not remember who was the one that came up with the idea. If it is you, you can tell me and I will give you the credit.
Thanks for looking and please leave me a comment if you have the time. I love to hear from you.

Now go-n-stamp!!

No comments: