Saturday, October 13, 2012

Tile Coasters

I had a wedding shower to go to and needed something to give. I finally decided to give coasters a try. I had bought the tiles quite a while back (a year or two ago). These were simple to make, fun to do, and turned out beautifully.
The bride to be that I made these for has already told me that a couple of people have already asked her where she got them from. When she tells them a lady that she works with made them they don't believe her.
I am really wanting to have a class making these. They are easy and don't cost a lot to make. The great thing is they look like they were expensive. I have to be honest and say that I did not come up with this idea all on my own. There are a few people on Stampin' Connection that I was inspired from. I did not case what they did, but they were the ones that helped me come up with this idea.

I used the En Francais background stamp and the Just Believe stamp set. I also used black Staz On ink. As for the tag, it is made using the two tags bigz die and the big shot machine. I used the lacy brocade textured impressions embossing folder. The stamped image is also from the Just Believe stamp set and the sentiment is from the Pennant Parade stamp set. I use the flower from the boho blossom punch and a jewels basic rhinestone. I also added a cork square to the back of the tiles to keep them from scratching furniture. One more thing. I used 5/8" black grosgrain ribbon, which is retired.
I hope this inspires you to try to create some. I was very happy with how they turned out. Please leave a comment if you would like.

Now go-n-stamp!!

No comments: