Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Two Step Owl Birthday

My husband turned 50 the 19th of February. I have already decided when it is my turn I am not going to like it. Something about that number makes me think "OLD." Enough said about that though. On to what I am posting. My husband likes owls. I wanted to somehow incorporate an owl into his card. I finally came up with the idea of making it look like it is holding a happy birthday sign with its feet. I picked the colors from the current IB & C catalog. I do that sometimes when I can't figure out colors to use.
This first picture shows the layers of the card. Most of the time when you take a picture facing right at it you can't see the layers. This is why I took this view and posted it on here.

When I was totally finished with this card, I was pleased with the end results. Believe it or not, I am not always totally pleased with what I make. I am sure some of you feel the same way when you make something too.

Stampin' Up! supplies used to create this card are below.
Cardstock: pumpkin pie, marina mist rich razzleberry, wild wasabi, and whisper white
Classic Ink: rich razzleberry and pumpkin pie
Stamp set: punch bunch (sal-a-bration catalog)
Tools: big shot, build a cupcake punch, 2 step owl punch, two step bird punch (branches), scallop square punch, perfect polka dots embossing folder, mat pack and paper piercing tool, and stampin' sponge
Accessories: brights brads and 1/4" whisper white grosgrain ribbon

If this has inspired you to pull out your tools and make are card, please leave me a comment and tell me. Thanks for looking and have a great day!

Now go-n-stamp!!

No comments: