Monday, March 14, 2011

More Cards of Elegance

Here are the other two cards I made for the "Cards of Elegance Class." To be honest, I ended up changing the build a blossom on the first card you see. I had originally used white embossing powder on each leaf. I could not settle on it. I did not like it. I thought I would try using bravo burgundy classic ink, instead. That was the winner for me. I decided to go with it. I was so much happier. Color makes a huge difference in what you think of a card. At least, for me it does.

This is a close up of the ribbon. I just zig zagged it back and forth. I found using snail was not strong enough to hold the ribbon in place. I ended up having to use sticky strip to get it to stay. I don't want my friends/customers going home and having their ribbons come undone on them.

This card was the very last one I made. I really love the colors in the Greenhouse Gala Designer Series Paper. What really seemed to add to it was when I added in the two branches. The other thing I used was crystal effects on the brown part of the big flower. I don't know if you can really tell that much in this picture though.

This picture shows the dimension a little bit. To make the branches have texture I just took a stampin' spot (always artichoke) and stamped up and down on them. I also added a clear rhinestone brad to the flower.

This class should be a lot of fun to do. I am looking forward to it.
Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world. Please leave a comment if you have a minute.

Now go-n-stamp!!

1 comment:

Sandi said...

This is beautiful Chris. Love the whole layout, the colors you ended up with, and the new ribbon style. Great job.