Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Magic on Cardstock Class

When I have seen samples of cards using the Black Magic Technique, I loved it. I changed the name a bit though in my title for the post because I do not like the name of the technique.

Personally, I have always liked black for a background. When I used to take my children to have their pictures taken I was always partial to the poses that had a black background. Nope, I don't care for white backgrounds. Black makes things pop (stand out)!

I have 3 cards finished. I have 1 more started but not finished yet. When I get it done I will post it on here for you to see.


Stampin' Up! Colors I used for this card are basic black, tangerine tango, and whisper white. Stamps: tart n tangy and sincere salutations. Tools: 1 3/4" scallop circle, 1 3/8" circle punch, 1 1/4" circle punch, 1 3/4" x 7/8" oval punch, big shot, elegant lines embossing folder, white gel pen, and stampin' sponge. Accessories: basic pearls.

Stampin' Up! colors I used to make this card are regal rose, rose red, basic black, and naturals white. Stamps: thoughts and prayers. Tools: scallop trim border punch and stampin' sponge. Accessories: 1/4" black grosgrain ribbon.

Stampin' Up! colors I used for this last card were rich razzleberry, basic black, whisper white, and regal rose. Stamps: upsy daisy and sincere salutations. Tools: eyelet border punch, ticket corner punch, scallop oval xl punch, 1 3/4" x 7/8" oval punch, an white gel pen. Accessories: 5/8" organza ribbon and basic pearls.
I think these cards turn out beautiful! I know that I am partial though. Thanks for stopping by and leave a comment!

Now go-n-stamp!!

4 comments:

Sandi said...

Chris, these cards really are "Majic on Cardstock"!! Absolutely beautiful colors and designs. You have done a magnificant job coloring these -- now I have to go back and look up this technique so I can put it on my "to do" list. Thanks for sharing.

Luv 2 Cre8 With U said...

Thank you, Sandi. I love the technique. Have fun creating some cards with this technique!

Lee Bradford said...

These are lovely, Chris! The coloring and layouts are definitely stunning:) Thanks for the inspiration!

Debbie Martin said...

Just beautiful. I am having a black magic class in March, you have inspired me to go in a different direction, thanks.