Thursday, October 3, 2013

Wetlands Anniversary Card

My husband and I had our 29th Anniversary on the 29th of September. The card you see was created with the saying "To the best friend I've ever had." I don't know about you, but that is how I feel about my husband. We have always been able to talk. It is such an important part of marriage. That is why I chose that for the sentiment.
 This is the third card I have made using the stamp set "Wetlands." I can tell you right now, this is my favorite! I feel the early espresso cardstock used behind the sponged scene just made it "POP.


 I decided to show you two different views of this card because I wanted you to see that the Canadian Goose was cut out and attached with dimensionals. If you want to know the truth. I made a smudge and needed to fix it. That was my way of doing that. A lot of times you can work with your mistakes. If not, well, you have to start all over.


These are the Stampin' Up! items you need to create this card.
Cardstock: Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, and Whisper White
Classic Ink: Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, So Saffron, Tangerine Tango, and Bermuda Bay
Stamp Sets:  Wetlands and Label Love
Tools:  Stampin' Sponge, Stampin' Distress Tool, and the Artisan Label Punch
Accessories:  Early Espresso Baker's Twine

If you have time, please leave a comment. Thank you for stopping by and checking out my blog. I always want to say, "My little part of the world." Have a great day!
Now go-n-stamp!!

1 comment:

Susan said...

Chris, you have made a lovely card, and thank you for great idea of cutting out the duck and adding it as a dimensional. I just love this stamp set although do not have it yet...maybe one day. It is so encouraging also to read your warm comments about your husband and the friendship you have shared for so many years. So often we get told only the negatives, but a good relationship is a wonderful blessing. Continued blessings to you, Susan (Australia)