Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter Blessings Chalkboard Technique

Happy Easter!! Christ is risen from the dead. Have a great day celebrating what Easter is and spending time with your families.
 Every once in a while I will come across a new technique or card that I really want to try. The chalkboard technique is one of them. I really like how it looks. There are many samples of how to do this technique on the internet. I looked at a few videos of how it was done, but then decided to make one with my own ideas in mind.
 Not all chalk is white. Due to this reason, I used colored watercolor pencils along with the white. Keep in mind though that you do not use water with the watercolor pencils for this technique. I also knew I wanted to somehow add the cross to make it look like it was part of the Easter Blessings saying. I am happy with the results of how that turned out. Probably the biggest thing that I wasn't quite as happy with is the fact that the colors come out dark. The reason is because of the black cardstock. All in all I love it. I would definitely do it again too. You can use other cardstock besides black to do this technique. Remember, not all chalkboards are black.


To make this card you will need daffodil delight and basic black cardstock. A big shot, the framed tulips and lacy brocade embossing folders. Watercolor pencils and white craft ink. White embossing powder and a heat gun. A stampin' sponge. An elegant butterfly and bitty butterfly punch. Lastly, a rhinestone basic jewel.

If you have any questions or comments, please ask or tell me. I will gladly try to answer them.
Now go-n-stamp!!

No comments: