Friday, December 7, 2012

Lovely as a Tree Christmas Card

Welcome everyone! If you do not own this stamp set (Lovely as a Tree), you should! It is one of Stampin' Ups! most versatile set. They have carried this one for quite some time now. I love scenery, which that probably makes me love this set too.
Making this card was so easy and yet, it looks harder than it is. You need to try and make one yourself if you do have this set. If not, you can order one very easily by going to my order button on the side.


For cardstock I used chocolate chip, garden green, and whisper white. The images were stamped with garden green and sahara sand classic ink. I used the Big Shot along with the snow flurry bigz die for the snowflake. To make the glittery snow I used frost white shimmer paint. I used a paint brush to apply it to the cardstock. I did not want to use my blender pens because it would have ruined them. I maybe could have used an aqua pen though. I would not have added water to it. The sentiment Merry Christmas was from the stamp set "teeny tiny wishes." Lastly, is the embellishments. I used natural linen thread, early espresso bakers twine, and one large pearl basic jewel.
Have a wonderful day! I will be posting again soon. Please come back!
Now go-n-stamp!!

1 comment:

Sandi said...

Oh my gosh Chris, I love this card!! You know, I purchased the "lovely as a Tree" stamp set almost 10 years ago in my very first SU order, and I still love it today!! I particularly love how you used the Sahara Sand classic ink on the stamp for the trees in the background -- beautiful!!