Saturday, January 14, 2012

Stocking Banner

Finally! I finally have something to share with all of you. I am working on some things for my daughter's baby shower that is coming up at the end of this month. This is one of the things I was finally able to get done for it. I am very sorry if the first picture you see is not the best. I tried 3 different times taking pictures in different areas with different lighting. It is hard really getting good pictures. To be honest, the close up pictures of much better.

I used the holiday stocking die from the Holiday mini catalog to create this banner. To create the letters I used the MDS program. I wanted them to be a little bigger and in the 3 different colors.

For the pinwheels I found a template on the internet and from that figured out the size I needed to cut my paper and how to fold it to make them. I ended up using retired DSP to make them. It is the same DSP that I used for the baby shower invitations. To give some texture to the main part of the stocking I used the textured impressions embossing folder "Perfect Polka Dots."

The cardstock colors used to make these is bashful blue, certainly celery, so saffron, and whisper white. I did not end up rubberstamping at all on these. The only place ink was used was around the edge of the whisper white circles, which have the letters on them. Lastly, I used white and brocade blue 5/8" grosgrain ribbon (both are retired) to hand each stocking on with a little clothespin. The clothespins I used I bought at a craft store a long time ago. Stampin' Up! sells them now though. By the way, I am sure you have figured out that his name is going to be Carter. We can't wait to welcome him into this world!
Once again, thanks for stopping by and checking out my blog. Please feel free to leave a comment!

Now go-n-stamp!!

2 comments:

Erika Martin - Stampin' Mama said...

How cute! Never thought to use that die for anything but Christmas. The bootie idea is adorable!

Yvonne B said...

What a adorable socks, so nice to use as a pendulum birth.
It's a lovely idea
my english is not that good, so I used a translator.