Sunday, December 18, 2011

Snowflake Holiday Stocking

Christmas is coming!! We are not doing much this year for Christmas, but I did buy this die from Stampin' Up! for my Big Shot. This is the first stocking I have made and I love it. I did spend a lot of time making it and thinking about how I wanted it to look. I made this one for my grandson. His mom and dad can keep it as an ornament if they want to.

I wanted to give you some different views, once again, so you can see the dimension. I do not know if you can tell from the pictures or not, but the middle bashful blue area and the bashful blue scallop are sprayed with the frost white shimmer paint. I also used brushed silver and night of navy cardstock.

I used everything current Stampin' Up! product, except for the button, which it is retired because it is bashful blue and the current color is marina mist. Sorry about that.

Some of the other things I used to create this stocking are the Big Shot, Holiday Stocking Bigz L Die, the Snow Burst textured impressions embossing folder, the snowflake punch, the stocking builder punch, the stamp set "stitched stockings," the simply scored scoring tool, the 2 3/8" scallop circle punch, and the scallop trim border punch. Putting on the mini jingle bells also gave it a little more dimension.
I had a ton of fun making this for my grandson. I am still not sure of what I am going to put in it, but I will figure out something.
Thanks for looking at my blog. I hope I have inspired you to try and make one of these too. Please leave a comment if you have time.

Now go-n-stamp!!

1 comment: