Monday, October 10, 2011

Autumn Spice Birthday

I don't know about you, but I have a lot of designer series paper that is now retired. I need to figure out what to do with it. I know I can make things, which that is what I did with the card you see below here. I may give some away to my customers as gifts. I have to think on it.

The card I made is using Autumn Spice DSP, which is now retired. The cardstock colors used were more mustard, cajun craze, and very vanilla. I finally used the blossom bouquet triple layer punch, along with the 1 3/4" inch scallop circle punch. Of course, I had to use my Big Shot! That is how I got the layered paper in the background along with the vintage wallpaper embossing folder. The stamp set I used was the Happiest Birthday Wishes hostess set. For accessories I added very vanilla taffeta ribbon and an old olive brad.

It is nice being able to bring out old paper once in a while. A lot of the retired papers are beautiful and you wish they would keep them longer sometimes. I know things are always changing though and Stampin' Up! really tries to keep up with the newest trends in colors. They have too.

Enjoy your day. It is beautiful out where I live. I hope you enjoyed visiting my blog. If so, please take a minute to leave a comment. Thanks!!

Now go-n-stamp!!

No comments: