Monday, August 16, 2010

How are things going for all of you? For the most part, everything is going well in my world. God is good!

I am finally posting a card that I had made last week for my butterfly class. I have 2 others to post also. I will try to get them on here in the next few days. Back to the card. When I was finished with this card, it came in second place out of the four cards I made. Second place according to my own judgement. I am probably more critical of my own work than most other people would be. What makes you like or dislike a card? I think it is a lot of things. Color, stamps used, design, and there may be even more than what I am thinking right now that will determine whether or not you will like a certain card. What I think made this card "pop" was the use of the real red butterflies. The card stock I used is the shimmer white. I put them through my big shot using the elegant bouquet embossing folder. I then used a stamping sponge to apply classic real red ink. I like to rub and swirl my sponge on the paper. You can tap up and down with your sponge, if you like. You get a more even and thicker color when you rub, though.

These are the Stampin' Up! products I used to make this card.
Card stock: baja breeze, pear pizzazz, shimmer white, and greenhouse gala DSP
Stamp set: teeny tiny wishes
Tools: stamping sponge, big shot, elegant bouquet embossing folder, beautiful butterflies bigz die, eyelet border punch, boho blossoms punch, 1/16" hole punch, and word window punch
Accessories: clear rhinestone brads and 5/8" whisper white organza ribbon

Please take the time to tell me what you think by leaving a comment.

It is your turn to.......
Go-n-stamp!!

1 comment:

Beebeebabs said...

Beautiful card you did a nice job tfs!!!