Sunday, December 13, 2009

Christmas Card

I was finally able to get my basement warm enough to make up a card yesterday. I guess that is the biggest negative about having my stamping area in the basement. It is the biggest area for it though.

I ended up making a card totally different than what I had in my mind. I was going to make a card with the sizzix snowflake #2 die, but this is what I ended up creating instead. I really like using the 5 petal flower punch to make poinsettia flowers. I made them one other time, about a year ago, to decorate a bottle.

I used the shimmer paint for the very first time in this project (It is on the handsome hunter background). I have been wanting to do it for a while, but kept putting it off. It works so easily and it is very fast to make. In case you are wondering how to do it. You need a mini spray bottle, shimmer paint ( I used champagne mist #116806), and rubbing alcohol. I filled the mini spray bottle to about 1/2 inch from the top. Then I just poured from the shimmer paint slowly. You do not need very much of it. Some people say about 6 drops. Well, mine did not drip, it poured out. Who knows maybe I didn't do something right. I bought the shimmer paint from the holiday mini catalog, which is only good until January 4th. If you haven't bought any and would like to, you need to hurry before time is up. You can always go to my Stampin' Up! website and purchase it if you would like. You can get to it from here.

I wanted you to see a close up of the poinsettia flowers and how they stand out, as well as, a picture of the whole card. It is made to look like a gift box. I used two of my favorite colors to make this card, handsome hunter and bravo burgundy. I still have to say that the rich regals are still my favorite color family. The one I still have never been able to really say I like is bold brights, but that is all right. I know that a lot of other people love those colors and that is great. We balance each other out, right?

I will now give you the recipe for this card (All Stampin' Up! products). I used lots of different things to make it. I am pleased with the end result.

Stamps: priceless, Christmas punch (hostess set), and delightful decorations
Cardstock: handsome hunter, bravo burgundy, and very vanilla
Ink: bravo burgundy and handsome hunter
Tools: big shot, petals a plenty textured folder (holiday mini), 5 petal flower punch, 1/16" hole punch, crimping tool, paper piercing tool, scallop straight edge punch, small and large tag punches, and boho blossoms punch
Accessories: vintage brads and champagne mist shimmer paint (holiday mini)

If you have a an extra minute, please leave me a comment. I love hearing what you think.

Now go-n-stamp!!

No comments: