Sunday, November 15, 2009

Ohio State Tri Shutter Card

I am so glad I finally have something new made up to put on here. My daughter's fiance's brother and sister-in-law just had a baby. I wanted to make them a tri-shutter card similar to the one I had made for my daughter's baby when he was born. This couple loves Ohio State. I don't have anything Ohio State in this except for the colors I used. I hope they will like it when they get it.
I wanted to let you see more than one view of this. One is if you stretch it out and the other is when you are starting to close it.

The hardest part of making this was deciding how I was going to fit "Thomas" in. I didn't like it when I had the letter on the very front. That is why the h, o, and m are bunched up together.
Here are the items I used to make this project. All supplies are Stampin' Up!
Stamp sets: defining alphabet and cute and cuddly
Cardstock: real red, going gray, whisper white, and basic black
Ink: real red, basic gray, going gray, and staz on black
Tools: paper piercing tool, big shot, scallop circles #2, 1 3/8" and 1 1/4" inch circle punches, 1/16 hole punch, large star and small star punches, and ticket corner punch
Accessories: silver brads, and bold brights real red brads
Well, now that I have shared with you I hope you will take the time to try to make a tri-shutter card yourself. You can do tons of things with them. Also please leave me a comment. You know I love it when you do.
Now go-n-stamp!!

5 comments:

nicole said...

love it

Back Porch Stamper said...

This is adorable! Of course, I'm an OSU alum, so naturally I'd like it!
The way you used the tags for the letters is a great idea. Thanks for sharing!

Laura Pinto-Nguyen said...

Oh my goodness this is sooo adorable!!! Very creative!!!

Mona Pendleton said...

Awesome Tri shutter card Chris! I have never made one of these before-thanks for the inspiration :) My good friend is an OSU teaching Alumni from the Medical division - she would love this one! :) TFS

Basement Stamper said...

Chris, this is very pretty, love how it turned out!