Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Fast, Fun Birthday Card

Time is flying by. I have been pretty busy lately and it is wearing me out. I was able to get this card made to send for someones birthday in the Bible study group that I am in. I love cards that are fast, but pretty in the end. That is how this card was.
I don't know about you, but I do not like whisper white as a color. I myself prefer very vanilla. I also have to say though that there have been a lot of white cards made that are just elegant and beautiful. I like these so much that I am going to have a class next month making whisper white cards. Some of them may have a hint of color, but mainly they will be whisper white.
Now to the card that you see attached. I used the vintage wallpaper textured embossing folder and my Big Shot to give the whisper white cardstock some texture. I have to say that textured embossing folders are probably my favorite thing to use with the Big Shot. I have many other favorite things too, but these are so easy and always look great.

Instead of using real red card stock, I chose to use cherry cobbler. I prefer the darker, deeper reds over bright red. I used the 2 3/8" scallop circle punch and the eyelet border punch on these pieces. Of course, I had to add basic black into this. So I used basic black 5/8" satin ribbon and some basic pearl jewels for some bling. I used whisper white card stock cut out with the 1 3/4" scallop circle punch and stamped with a stamp from the "Happiest Birthday Wishes" hostess stamp set.
Hopefully, the person that received this card liked it. I have not heard so I am not sure if she did or not. That does not matter though. I just pray she had a wonderful birthday.
As always, I am thankful for all of you that stop by and visit my blog. It is really neat seeing where people are from that visit my site. Have a wonderful day and if you have a minute please leave a comment.

Now go-n-stamp!!

1 comment:

f.g.p. Creations said...

so beatiful! I´m a beginner but love scrap!!!
hope you visit me http://fgpcreations.blogspot.com/