Saturday, April 30, 2011

Sweet and Sour Birthday Bakery

Finally, I have card 2 done for my birthday card class. I stuck with the same colors as the last card because they are bright and cheery.
I have made a couple of cards similar to this one in the past. I thought the stamp set "Birthday Bakery" makes a great window front for a bakery. In case you haven't figured out why I used the birthday saying from "Afterthoughts," I will tell you. Since I designed this to look like a bakery, underneath the happy birthday it says, "Call when its time for cake." I thought that was great because we call a bakery to order a cake. Okay, maybe dumb to some of you, but I thought it worked well. I did want it to look like a store sign.



These are the supplies I used to make this card. All items are Stampin' Up!

Cardstock: rose red, pumpkin pie, very vanilla, and sweet and sour specialty designer series paper; Stamp sets: birthday bakery, afterthoughts, and itty bitty bits; Tools: curly label xl punch, and scallop edge border punch; Classic ink: rose red, versmark, and stampin' write marker rose red; Accessories: retired 1/4" rose red grosgrain ribbon.

Thank you once again for stopping by my blog. As always I love to hear from you. Please leave a comment.
Now go-n-stamp!!

No comments: