Saturday, March 6, 2010

Thoughts and Prayers Sympathy Card

Life has been busy in my house for the past few weeks. Below is a picture of my grandson. My daughter, son-in-law, and of course, grandson came to visit with us. During this time period, needless to say, I did not get much stamping done. In fact, I think I did get in 1 card during that time. It is the card that is in the post just below this one. I really enjoyed my daughter and her little family being here. It just stinks that they live so far away and we don't get to see them very much. So everyone, enjoy your family, especially if they live close.

I needed to make a card for somebody at church who just lost her dad, suddenly. I just pray that she will be encouraged to know that there are people praying for her and her family during this time. I decided not to use the close as a memory stamp set. I really thought the thoughts and prayers set would be nice to use, instead. I like the sprig with the flowers on it. I also really like all of the sayings in this set. I really wanted to use the praying for you saying on this card.

Here are the Stampin' Up! supplies I used to make this card.
Stamp set: Thoughts and Prayers
Cardstock: mellow moss, apricot appeal, bravo burgundy, and handsome hunter
Ink: bravo burgundy and Stampin Markers: handsome hunter, apricot appeal, and bravo burgundy
Tools: Ticket corner punch, scallop trim punch, extra large fancy flower punch, boho blossoms punch, and stamping sponge
Accessories: 5/8" bravo burgundy grosgrain ribbon and adhesive backed rhinestones

I hope you like my card and want to give it a try yourself. Stamping is easy and fun. I say, "If you can color, you can stamp!" Please leave me a comment of what you think. Thanks so much for looking at my blog and little part of this world.

Now go-n-stamp!!

No comments: