Saturday, May 9, 2009

Flower Seed Holder

Mother's Day is only one day away. I decided to make something for my mom this year. I told you in my last post that she loves flowers. Well, since she loves flowers I decided to make her a flower seed holder. For a while now I have wanted to come up with my own design that maybe no one else has done. This was finally my chance to try. You can tell me what you think by leaving comments. Thanks so much for visiting my blog.

I ended up using Le Jardin, which is retired DSP. My mom likes blues so I thought this would be a good choice. I also used always artichoke, bashful blue, so saffron, and very vanilla. I hope she likes it and it gives you some inspiration too.

10 comments:

Nancy Dawson said...

I love that paper and hated to see it go. Very Clever Idea... worth CAS'ing. TFS

Lucia Kaiser said...

Chris: These are so adorable. What a great housewarming gift, or at times when you're giving money, a little extra to go along with it.

Cindy said...

This is really neat. Are the envies made with only paper or are they covered envies. Great idea.

Virginia Killmore said...

Wow Chris these are awsome TFS

sandi said...

Chris, these are beautiful, you did a grand job on them and I am sure your mom with love them.

Kelli Waters said...

These are awesome! Great project :)

Holly said...

Wow, this is awesome! You did a beautiful job coming up with a totally original idea!!! Love the paper and the little flowers on top of the seed packets!

Tina said...

Wow! That is very cool! TFS!

Kirsten said...

I can definately say that I have not seen this done before. It is very pretty, I love the colors and it works so well with the gift wrapped up inside. This is a beautiful project, I am sure your mom is going to love it.

Nancy Legate said...

Love this! Now if I could just find time to case this for a very good stampin' friend of mine who loves her plants. (lol!)