Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Valentine Card

I know Valentine's Day is over, but I still wanted to post a picture of the card I had made for my husband. At first I really didn't like it. I just think my cards don't look professional enough for my liking. I did end up liking it though and my husband really liked it. I guess that is what counts the most. My daughter liked it too. She told me she should have asked me to make her a card to give to her boyfriend. Now that is a compliment if you ask me!!
This is what I used to make the card. I used the Texturz plate (Harlequin) for the background effect on basic black cardstock. The Love stamp from the Love you Much stamp set. For ink I used Riding Hood Red, but I also used real red, and basic black Stampin' markers. I used the heart to heart punch for the heart cut-outs. I used the crop-o-dile to punch the holes and set the jumbo antique brads. I ran real red 1/4" grosgrain ribbon through the brads and tied the ends into a loose knot. For some of the detailing I used my white uniball gel pen. For the corners of the stamped image I used the ticket corner punch. I added a black brad to the middle of the flower. On the background, real red cardstock, I used the corner rounder punch.
Tell me what you think of it. Look for comment below and click on it. That is for anyone that doesn't know how to comment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Liked so much the way you used the new emboss templates on the valentine card. It is a handsome card(since it was for a guy. Enjoy your blog.