Saturday, June 14, 2014

Work of Art Graduation Card

It is Graduation time! I had a niece graduate this year. I thought it would be neat to try the Work of Art stamp set for this card. It was missing something, though. That is when I pulled out the Gorgeous Grunge set. Once, I added that set to it, I was happy. If you wonder why I chose these colors, well, I was trying to go with the school colors. The problem I ran into was they are black, white, and gold. I do not have any gold cardstock. I ended up just using what I had and didn't worry about it. In case you wonder about the tassel. I created it using the Whisper White Baker's Twine. I just kept in mind what they look like and created it from that.


These are the Stampin' Up! supplies I used to create this card.
Stamp sets: Gorgeous Grunge, Work of Art, and Memorable Momonets
Classic Ink: Basic Gray, Smoky Slate, and Memento Black
Cardstock: Whisper White and Basic Black
Tools: 1" square punch (cut to make a diamond), 1 1/4" circle punch, Elegant Butterfly
Accessories: Silver Glimmer Brad (retired), Whisper White Baker's Twine

I hope you like what you see and will visit more often. This is an easy card to make and turned out very elegant. My husband said it looked like an invitation! Sorry, once again, that the picture takes away from how nice it really did turn out. I keep saying I need to make a light box. I really do!
Now go-n-stamp!!

No comments: