Monday, September 16, 2013

Watercolor Wetlands

   As I promised you in the last post, here is the card made using the same stamp set "Wetlands," but with an aqua painter. You will have to decide which style you like the best. I would love to know which one you would choose. Please tell me by leaving a comment. Personally, I have to say I like the aqua painter version over the sponged version. Both are very pretty though.


These are the Stampin' Up! supplies needed to create this card.
Cardstock: Marina Mist, So Saffron, and watercolor paper
Classic Ink: Early Espresso and Crumb Cake
Tools: Aqua Painter, Stampin' Markers (Marina mist and Crumb Cake), Stampin' Sponge, Big Shot,       Honeycomb Embossing Folder, Apothecary Accents Frame Lits,

   Just in case you wonder why I used the stampin' sponge. I used it on the torn so saffron paper to give it some character. I also used it for the sky. I know I should have used the aqua painter for it too, but I didn't. The colors in the sky are mainly so saffron with a bit of Tangerine Tango. One more thing, I used it for going over the honeycomb texture to give it more dimension with Marina Mist.
   Remember and tell me which card you like the best........Sponged or Aqua Painter style.

Now go-n-stamp!!

2 comments:

Sandi said...

I like this one even better Chris!! I had to laugh because I am taking a break from sponging 20 cards using "Wetlands." Now is when I say, "All great minds think alike!" I will post mine in my next update.

ger&timmy said...

sponged version ~ hands down!!!