Thursday, September 10, 2009

Inspiration in Action 101

Sorry that I haven't posted any sooner. I am trying to find a job outside of my home. I have not worked in 19 years. Of course, I would love to just continue to stay at home, but we could really use an extra income right now. So please pray I can find something soon.

I decided to try Gretchen Barron's sketch. You can find it here. I really liked the sketch she came up with. I am also going to use it for the StampinUpLNStampers challenge #36 too. Like I had said before, I am going to try to do some kind of a sketch at least once a week. It is good for me to do. It keeps me motivated and I can always use cards that are finished and ready to be sent for some occasion.


I wanted to use the lovely flowers DSP for this project. I used the card stock that coordinates with it (rich razzleberry, crushed curry, old olive, and melon mambo). I used the #2 scallop circles die and the flower layers die in my Big Shot. The punches used on here are the 5 petal flower, 1/16" circle, and the scallop edge punches. I did a little bit of paper piercing too. For accessories I used 1/4" old olive grosgrain ribbon, ice circle (yellow) rhinestone, and earth elements (old olive) brads. I finished up with the white gel pen, crystal effects, and dazzling diamonds.

So what do you think? You can leave a comment below. Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. I hope you will want to keep coming back for inspiration.

Have a great day and.......
Now go-n-stamp!!

4 comments:

gbarron56 said...

great job, Chris! I'm so honored that you picked my sketch challenge to play along with! Thanks so much for stamping with Inpsiration in Action! Blessings, gretchen -- www.gretchenbarron.typepad.com

Anonymous said...

Hi Chris, love your card great job on the layout, and good luck finding a job, it's tough out there right now.

RubberRedneck said...

Very pretty! I love the colors you chose.

Mona Pendleton said...

Hi Chris! Very beautiful card! I love all the layering & detail! :) TFS