Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Hello everyone! It is time to break out your die cutting machines. Stampin' Up! has the Big Shot. I love it! It takes all kinds of dies. Of course, there are exclusive dies made for Stampin' Up! only. You are going to get to see some of these in my card today. If you are interested in a Big Shot just let me know or any of the dies too.
As you can see below this is the Diva Coffee Break Designs challenge for the week. I used quite a few different ones for my card. We always try to encourage you to do this challenge with us. If you do go to the DCBD blog and sign up using the Mr. Linky widget. We would love to see what you can create also.
Here is what I came up with for this challenge. I kept debating on putting a sentiment on it. I decided not to. I still may when I go to give it to someone. I hope you will take the time to tell me what you think of it. Yes, there is a lot of detail, but remember the Big Shot cut everything out. I just had to arrange and layer it however I wanted to.

Ingredients for this card. Stamp set: none; Cardstock: confetti white, glorious green, close to cocoa, rich razzleberry, melon mambo, crushed curry, and DSP lovely flowers (hostess level 3);
Tools: top note die, scribbles swirls sizzlit, birds and blooms sizzlits, eyelet edge punch, stamping sponge, and sanding block; Accessories: chocolate chip taffeta ribbon, filigree brad, and silver brads; Ink pad: soft suede
I hope you enjoy my card and also take the time to visit the other Diva's blogs. Most of all we hope you join us in this week's challenge. As always thanks for looking.

Now Go-N-Stamp!



6 comments:

Ilse Vargas said...

You can frame it, it's very nice. Great use of the new colors

Erin said...

Very cool! Love the bright colors.

Pam said...

Nice job, Chris! How do you like the new colors?

Holly said...

Oooohhhhh love this!!!!!!!! Cool idea to use parts of the swirl die cut on top of the bird's wings!

Virginia Killmore said...

Wow this card is just to wonderful great job!

Girl can Knit - Cherry Lane Knit Stamp Quilt said...

Nice! i love how you used the die cut birds and flowers!