Wednesday, June 17, 2009

DCBD #132

Another week has went by and it is Diva Coffee Break Designs sketch challenge time again. I love the colors in this sketch. I would love to have made a card using flowers, but there is a special holiday this Sunday. I decided I wanted to make the card for my husband. You know when your business is making cards and such you better make a card. It doesn't look good for your business if you don't. At least I don't think so.
This is what I came up with for the card. You will have to tell me what you think. Some of you may be saying it looks childish. I have to agree with you, if you are thinking that. My husband, you see, loves airplanes. I wanted to make an airplane for him. I decided to use my punches to come up with it. I think it turned out really cute. When it was finished I thought the bear from the Cute and Cuddly set would be so cute to use as the pilot. Even though it looks childish, I know that my husband will love it. That is all that matters. I will have to remember and sometime make one similar for a baby card though.

I hope that you have been inspired by seeing this card to want to make a card yourself. Like I said the color sketch is great this week. If you do participate remember and go to the DCBD blog, which you can get to it from here, and sign up. I try to visit every one's blog to comment on your creations too.

Recipe for this card: Stamp sets: cute and cuddly and all holidays Card stock: bashful blue, whisper white, kraft, night of navy, and always artichoke Tools: large oval punch, star punch, large star punch, slit punch, paper piercing tool, white uniball gel pen, and stamping sponge Accessories: 1/4" whisper white grosgrain ribbon and soft subtle brads (bashful blue)


11 comments:

Kelly A. Swienton said...

Oh my gosh -- how stinkin' cute is that?! Clever and way cute!

Krista said...

Your card is so adorable ! Great job !

Holly said...

That's not childish at all! That is GORGEOUS and perfect for your bear of a man. He is going to just love this. I wish I had that bear - my hubby would love this card too (loves airplanes)!

Ilse Vargas said...

This is my favourite one! Very cute and creative! Greetings!

Selene Kempton said...

Super Cute! Wonderful Job!

Adventures in Abundance said...

Very neat card. I love the airplane wiill have to play around with that myself. I was thinking the little raccoon in Under the Stars would look cute in there too. Love it!

Dee Tollaksen said...

Very nice take on the color challenge, love it!

Mona Pendleton said...

Hi Chris! Very cute & adorable Father's Day card! Great use of the colors! Thanks for the inspiration! :) Hugs, Mona

Girl can Knit - Cherry Lane Knit Stamp Quilt said...

totally unexpected, and so cute! Very nice for a Father's day card!

Kirsten said...

Awww, the little teddy is so cute flying in the air plane.

Virginia Killmore said...

I love the airplane what a great idea!