Tuesday, July 22, 2008

In Memory


One year ago today my dad (Sonny) passed away. I just wanted to share how much he is missed and loved. He was my shopping buddy, listener, and defender. We would go shopping on the Saturdays he did not have to work. From the time I was a little girl we would go shopping on Christmas Eve. He always waited to the last minute to buy my mom her Christmas presents. I would usually wrap them for him too. The last few years we had went I didn't though. He was a believer in Christ, a giver, didn't talk bad about people, a man of integrity. One other thing I want to add is that people used to think we were married. The reason is because how many father and daughters do you see out doing things together. I am so very thankful for having him for a father. He is definitely missed, but I know where he is and I can spend eternity with him. The Lord has promised that anyone who believes in HIM, meaning Christ, shall be saved (John 3:16 and Acts 16:31). Another verse that I really like is this: "But I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who have fallen asleep, lest you sorrow as others who have no hope. For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus." Ok, that is 2 verses, which are found in First Thessalonians 4:13-14. I love you, Dad, and miss you.

No comments: