Friday, November 25, 2011

Punch Dog Birthday

Thanksgiving was yesterday and I pray all of you are doing well. Since I have not posted in a little while I figured I better get something new on here. I had actually made this card in October for my nephew's birthday. I just wanted something different. It doesn't always have to be cake and presents on the card. Since this was a fall birthday I chose fall colors. As for the punch dog, he was not my idea. I got this idea from a fellow Stampin' Up! demonstrator, Michelle Suit. I really thought it was cute. If you click here you can go to her blog and see how she made it. She has a very easy to follow tutorial.

I do not need to tell you the items I used to make the puppy because it is in the video tutorial. For the tree I used the little leaves sizzlits die in my Big Shot. I just cut out the trunk of the tree free hand. I just layered the grass on top of each other to give some dimension to it. As for the colors I used well worn designer series paper, always artichoke, basic gray, basic black, cajun craze, early espresso, more mustard, and confetti white cardstock. I used the Happiest Birthday Wishes hostess stamp set.

If you have never tried doing punch art, you should give it a try. It is a lot of fun and very easy to do.
Enjoy your day and leave a comment if you have time.

Now it is your turn to go-n-stamp!!

No comments: